Pages

Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Nevermind

"Defeated" by Gaby Valenti
                                                                               

Nevermind
That with me you cannot see
The rainbow as it starts to streak
Across the sky it paints a colourful hue

Nevermind
That with me you cannot feel
The rain on your skin as it begins to steal
The storm's thunder and lightning as it brews

Nevermind
That with me you cannot taste
The force of ocean wind on your face
Salty lips whipped to a burnished roux

Nevermind
That with me you cannot hear
The sound of the conch shells to your ear
A whisper from the ocean's floor as it mews

Nevermind
That with me you cannot inhale
When the grass pours out it's chlorophyll
As summer's end ensues

Nevermind
That with me you're not here
The stars they still linger, then disappear
Behind the Harvest moon

Nevermind
That you'll always be
The one who slipped away from me
Even as you opened my senses to a different view
You went away when I knew
Forever a wandering jew

October 8, 2013 SArthur Nevermind